How to get Korean Visa w/o BIR 2316 stamped

South Korea is one in my bucket list. Actually, I don't have plan to visit Korea this time but my sister threatened us that she would not return here in Philippines if she can't go to Korea(how silly is that?! hahaha she's in Qatar working)

This started my "I-don't-know-how". I have 0 knowledge in getting visa. First, they promised me that they will process my visa. Second, I thought that I will only pay for the visa fee, no requirements needed. Lastly, I don't have that much money in my bank. How clueless am I? Also, we already booked a round trip ticket to South Korea without knowing the requirements. I'm so stupid, I know :'(

Here's the list of the requirements for Employees:

1. Application Form

    You can either download (http://www.mofa.go.kr/ENG/image/common/title/res/visa_application_form(15.06.15.).pdf) or get in the Embassy. Make sure you fill in all and put N/A if not applicable. No Erasure.



2. 1 piece of Passport size colored picture (Please attach on the application form)

    Just tell the photographer that it's for Korean Visa, they already know the size.


3. Original Passport (should be valid for more than 6months)

4. Photocopy of Passport Bio-page (page 2)


5. Original & Photocopy of valid visa/s and arrival stamps to OECD member countries for the past 5 years (If applicable only)


6. Original Certificate of Employment
   (must include applicant's position, date hired, compensation, office address, HR landline number(cell-phone number is not allowed), HR e-mail address)
    This is one of the reason why my papers were not accepted because our COE were only printed in our website that already has signed by the HR Manager. I think it depends to the visa personnel because when I came back and gave the same COE, she accepted my application. 

 7. Original Personal Bank Certificate 
   (must include account type, current balance, account opening date, ADB)
   Thanks to my supported sister and brother for lending me money for the show money. There's no specific amount how much money you have but to be sure I targeted 70-80k in my bank.
  BPI charges 100 both bank certificate and statement.  

8. Bank Statement 
   (original or certified true copy of bank statements/passbook for the last 3 months)
    Ask the bank personnel together with the bank certificate.

9. ITR(Income Tax Return) or Form 2316 Copy 
    I applied Visa Application here in Consular Cebu and they needed the FORM 2316 with stamp. I don't have ITR and only the copy of BIR 2316 we have, we only printed that one thru our online site. I went back to BIR more likely 3-4 times. I almost give-up but reading thru blogs, I saw some post the same situation as mine. She was denied because she can't provide the Form 2316 with stamped but if you can get Alpha List or Transmittal Letter in your company then it's valid. If you will process your visa here in Cebu and you can't provide ITR or Form 2316 with stamped, just print your BIR 2316 and Alpha List or Transmittal Letter.  

10. Copy of PRC Card or IBP Card (If applicable only)

* If personally invited by Korean
. Invitation Letter
. Photocopy of invitor's Passport or Identification Card
(authentication not required)

* If invited by Company in Korea
. Invitation Letter
. Photocopy of Korean Company Business Permit
(authentication not required)
* Frequent travellers who have travelled as tourist to OECD member countries within 5 years are exempted from submitting ITR.
■ Processing Time:
  3 working days (for those who have been to OECD member countries within 5 years as tourist)
  5 working days (for those who have not been to OECD member countries within 5 years)

■ Visa Fee: 59 days (or less) stay in Korea -- GRATIS
                   60 to 90 days stay in Korea -- PHP1,800.00


Finalizing the docs..

On the 13th of December 2016, I submitted all my requirements. I'm so nervous that time. The personnel was not the same as before, she said that there's no COE in these docs(omg! parang nagpalpitate na yung puso ko sa sobrang kaba) I found out that my COE was in my case. Luckily, she handed me a claim stub(5 business days processing)

The most crucial part....WAITING. I got paranoid again, thinking if I'll be granted a visa or not. My dream vacation, my round trip flight( lahat nang mga pinagpaguran ko masasayang lang :'( )

Did you Know? You can check your status/result of your visa thru online https://www.visa.go.kr/portal/va/mvic/avic/IvisVisaStsForm.jsp 
Steps: 
1. Translate to English(at the upper right) 
2. Type of applications: Diplomatic office
3. Select Passport No.
4. Name: Surname First Name
5. Date of Birth

VISA APPROVED

On 20th of December 2016 I got my VISA! First time to travel abroad and I got visa approved. Thank you for the blogs that I've read. It helps a lot and to the Lord our God! Keep the faith. SEE YOU ON JANUARY 2017 SOUTH KOREA


Thank you! Leave comment below :) 

Got my visa


Comments

  1. hi miss. need jud na stamped and signed? i was advised by our HR na feb 28 pa daw cla mag file sa BIR so the copy i have now is not stamped and signed yet :( nai workaround ani? was planning to apply for a visa next week unta. kato nlng akong kuwang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nakakuha ka og visa? As for me, wala pud ki kakuha og bir 2316 nga naay stamped. Instead, I ask an alpha list/transmittal letter from my company, that would be supporting docs for ur bir 2316 na walay stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello po. i have a question. how did you get your form 2316 stamped po? can you please tell me the process. or company HR wont provide me a copy of alpha list because it is confidential daw po. thankssssss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I don't have also BIR stamped one because our company only provided us our copy thru our website. So, I just ask our HR to give me alpha list.

      Delete
    2. I think u need to ask ur hr dept or bir.

      Delete
  4. hi po! just wanna ask how did you print your alpaha list po?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I requested the alpha list to our hr dept thru online, just ask ur hr dept for copy.

      Delete
  5. i have the alphalist but no stamped? will that be a problem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have the alpha list that will not cause any problem, include the bir 2316 on submitting. Bir 2316 and aplha list as supporting

      Delete
  6. My BIR 2316 has a stamp received by BIR. But the problem is that it's a scanned copy of the original form. Is that okay and acceptable? Or do I really have to get the original copy stamped by them? I hope you can help me and answer my dilemma. 😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it has stamped then it's okay because when I show my bir it's only a cop, only they asked was the stamped one. If it has stamped then it's a good to go. I hope you got approved visa 😊

      Delete
    2. Hi po sa bir ka po ba nagpastamped?

      Delete
    3. Actually po, wla po yung stamp sa bir ko kasi yung company na nagpa-process sa mga bir namin, so ginawa ko humingi nlang ako ng Alpha List sa company ko. Sa pagkakaalam ko sa bir ka dpat magpa.stamp

      Delete
  7. Hi, kahit san po bang branch ng BIR pwedeng magpastamp?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi ung alphalist ba na pinass mo has BIR stamp? Dibaa parang excel sheet lang ichura ni ya? And kapag may alphalist no need na nubg transmittal letter or need both ipasa?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi po, since July 1, 2018, the company alphalist is no longer required. But to be sure if you can provide then you can submit. Pinass ko lang yung alphalist kasi walang stamp yung bir ko. No need na po ang alphalist ngayon.

      Delete

Post a Comment